The Tofino Ambassador Program has an important role in local community development, aiming to connect people and places by strengthening local knowledge and sharing information with area visitors. It gives a healthy and accurate profile of the different opportunities to explore and enjoy in the area and reinforces positive service and leadership behaviour to enhance visitor experience.
Q: Who is the program for?
A: All local residents including seasonal staff, newcomers, and business owners. All local residents new and old are welcome to participate in this great new initiative to expand their knowledge of the area and increase their participation in the community. It is for all different types of folks from front-line service staff, store clerks, gas attendants, restaurant servers, housekeeping, bank tellers, postal workers, and more.
The Ambassador Program provides service and leadership skills to employees, residents and business owners, offering support to the service industry and local community. The program delivers essential regional information and training intended to build community capacity while also encouraging civic responsibility, volunteerism and community engagement.
The 2013 program season will include two course options:
This four hour orientation and training session delivers fun and informative material for newcomers and first timers to the program. In this course, participants will learn about:
- local history
- cross-cultural understanding and value diversity
- natural ecology
- businesses and activities
- events and festivals
- customer service skills and good host etiquette
- important safety and civic information
This four hour training session expands on content presented in the Introductory course and provides an opportunity for increased learning, refreshed community knowledge and offers a way to keep community members to stay engaged.
- West Coast Ecology: this course focuses on the rich natural landscape of the region, from the rare coastal rainforests to the rich marine environment. Learn about the wide range of species that inhabit these complex ecosystems and gain an understanding of why Clayoquot Sound is recognized internationally as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Once training is complete, participants receive an Ambassador Card qualifying them for promotional discounts and benefits which offer incentives to further explore the region and business offerings, gaining first hand experience.
Join the conversation! Like us!